6.5.09

Matthew 9:35-11:30

Today I studied Matthew 9:35-11:30.
In this passage Jesus demonstrates compassion for the crowds because they have had no leader. They have been helpless. He spreads the good news & healed the sick.
The lesson of Jesus is to the twelve. He wants them to share what they have learned and to not be afraid because people will hate them and/or possibly hurt them but to put trust into our Lord and to remember that we will be with Him.
I've learned here that just like the disciples we need to remember that those who are not following Jesus are worth nothing and will gain no reward for our bodies which is what they are after. It's our soul's that are worth everything to Him. However, our reward for is to go to heaven and to be pleasing to God. It is a privilege to be in the house of God.
I've found that this lesson applies to me greatly. I found rest in my life when I came to Jesus in trying to be pleased with my life. But another big rest has been my relationships with people too. I don't work to please others because I'm working to please Him instead. I have learned that the nature of Jesus' discipleship is powerful and that He is more powerful than people. I can't be afraid of others because they are more concerned with the body. Jesus has my soul and that's worth EVERYTHING! We should pray that we don't let others take hold of our body but to be looking at our soul towards God that it be pleasing to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment