Hello Friends!
The journey is underway! I'm currently in Kuching, Malaysia to spend a couple of days before we fly once more to our study plot in Miri. Everything is going really well and I'm enjoying every second of the trip.
I was able to listen to a sermon on spiritual friendship by Tim Keller during our stay in the Singapore airport. I highly recommend listening to the sermon; it's on the Redeemer Pres. website under free sermons and its title is "Spiritual Friendship." It definitely helped me realize how much God has blessed me with such a rich gift of community back home. You have all been in my prayers and know I am so thankful to have you in my life!
Today we're planning on visiting an orangutan reserve and possibly do some shopping along the street-filled shops. Kuching is known as the cat capital, which is evident by the miniature cats roaming the streets and the abundance of cat statues. We were able to eat out last night at a river front tent restaurant and I believe I happened upon a local delicacy: ramen noodles complemented by some delightful roast beef. :)
I wish you well and will try and update again soon!
Blessings,
Jenna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Jenna!
ReplyDeleteIt's so great to hear from you. We were thinking about you last night and we prayed for you. It is so cool that you are all the way over there doing crazy genius work. Last night we ended up having an awesome discussion about how we tend to think of our money, our possessions, and our time as ours instead of His (even when we know we shouldn't - we just jump back to that subconscious assumption). It was really great to be reminded that it is He alone who sustains our every breath. That conversation spun on into talking about how to glorify God in all we do, especially at work, and even looking forward to doing our work for him instead of looking forward to the weekends. So praise God as you work hard and have a great time. I will let everyone know that you are posting updates on the blog so that they will come check it out. Have a great day in Him!